My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thin spots

Last week our preacher spoke about a Celtic point of few that referenced the place where Heaven meets earth. The Celtic refer to this as a thin spot. He went on to explain that to him he realized that he was caught in a thin spot that very morning when he was cooking breakfast and had noticed the red birds flying outside his window. As I listened on I found myself reflecting on life and how it has been for me the last few months. Now I have always been one to take time out and appreciate the little things, whether it be a sun set or the glow of a full moon. However, I had never viewed it this way before. As I sat there I thought of the many thin spots my daughters had brought me to lately. The look in there eye when the recognize there dad, the sound of their voices as the coo and laugh, and the precious bond you experience as Jessica feeds them are enough to fall to my knees and praise god for the gift he has given us. I am captivated by my daughters and pray that I can give them the joy that they have given to me.

Eric

No comments: