My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Monday, February 2, 2009

Total Choas

The girls hanging out with Mom.

Gabriella is on the left, Isabella on the right.

I have started back to work and it has been so hard leaving the girls every morning. Luckily we have an absolute God Send who comes to the house to keep the girls every day. She does so good with them and I feel so calm every morning when I leave them. The first week when I went back to work both of the girls decided to quit sleeping all night so I was so tired during the day. They continue this habit on and off but some nights they will sleep all night, you just never know. I have started getting up around 4 or 4:30 AM every morning. Mainly because I need to pump before the girls get up and this allows me plenty of time usually. That is unless they have just woke up and ate at 3 or if they wake up when I start to pump which has happened a couple of mornings. My classes at school right now are so good which is another blessing but the day is still crazy. I teach classes straight until 12:26, then we have lunch. Which is when I lock myself in my classroom and try to pump and eat all in 30 minutes. This has proved to be quite interesting. One day last week I was in such a hurry I forgot to hook the bottles up to the pump and was pumping milk straight out into my lap!! I had to just sit back and laugh at myself. Once lunch is over I teach the kids until 1:40 or so and then I have planning for the rest of the day. I usually lock myself in my room again around 2:45 or so and pump once more before I go home. Once I get home nine times out of ten the girls are ready to eat as soon as I walk in the door. So we eat and sometimes take a little cat nap if they will let me. Then we cook dinner and play until it is time to go to bed. When I finally have them in the bed then I start grading papers and doing school work. I try to not stay up later than 11:30 or so that way I am getting about 5 hours of sleep every night (if they sleep all night)! It is quite the schedule but whenever Gabriella or Isabella give you one of their million dollar smiles it is worth every minute. They are officially three months old now!!! They can both roll over and they have the cutest smiles in the world. Just last week Isabella grabbed my face for the first time when she was eating it was so cute. They have also started to laugh and stare at each other while they breastfeed which is the cutest thing in the world. Some times they will even hold hands! I just wish I could be at home with them all day! I feel like I miss so much while I am here with all of these high school kids. I am counting down though we only have 121 more days until summer!!! Yea!

P.S. The picture of Eric is him reading the girls their nightly bible story. They are so cute when he does this. They just sit back and listen to every word. It just melts your heart!

4 comments:

Josh Stitcher said...

I just want to know where I can get the Awesome Georgia Bible Cover? Your girls are absolutely precious!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jess...I love the girls, they are little Angels !
This one.....&........That one , LoL
You are a wonderful mother and I enjoy being around you and having the girls in my life , Thank you !
Total Wonderful Chaos

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jess ! I love the girls , They are little Angels .
This one.....&......That one.......LoL
You are a wonderful Mother and I am blessed to have you and the girls in my life.
Total Wonderful Beautiful Choas !

Jessica Labbe said...

For all who have asked the UGA bible cover was a "sock" bookcover I got while in college. It is made of stretchy material and just fits right over any book you have.