My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Sunday, November 16, 2008

2 Weeks Old

I can truly say that these have been the best two weeks of my life! Thank God for Mothers and Mother-in-laws. I do not know what I would have done without both of them the past two weeks. My mom seems to have the magic touch and can handle any situation. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful caring mother and I do not know what I would do without her. The girls are doing great and continue to melt our hearts day by day. They are some of the strongest little things ever. They can both hold their heads up on their own it is just amazing! They actually got out of the house today and went to Grammies and Pops for the first time. They got to play with their other cousins, Lexi, Macie, and Ella. Macie who will be 2 on Tuesday absolutely adores them. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen she just wants to hold them all of the time and she gets so excited she stutters! Lexi is so good with them too she is truly a little mother and I know that they are going to worship the ground she walks on when they are older. Both girls are so alert and have the biggest blue eyes you have ever seen. Eric is going to be wrapped around their fingers for the rest of his life. They actually sleep through most of the night two nights this week so that was awesome. Plus Eric and I actually slept in our bed last night and they slept in the room with us in their Arm's Reach Cocoons. They look like little baby hammocks and they seem to love them. I will have to post a picture of them in their Cocoons later this week. We go back to the doctor tomorrow morning for a weight check. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will both be back at their birth weight or even beyond. They still just seem so little. I cannot wait until they are about 10 lbs each. Also this week I have mastered a new nursing position and have been able to nurse them at the same time on several occasions. It really makes life easier when I can do that and tomorrow I think I am going to try and pump some too but I am not going to give them a bottle until after Thanksgiving if I can help it. Odell continues to do great with the babies. He just sits down in front of the couch while I feed them and lets me pet his head or he will get up on the couch and lay down right beside me. I am reminded each day how truly blessed we are and what a great future our family has in store.

No comments: