My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Precious Girls

The girls are doing wonderful! We went to the doctor on Monday and Gabby weighed 6lbs 10 oz and Izzy weighed 5lbs 14 oz so they are both almost back to their birth weights which is great. We are no longer supplementing formula which I am very happy about. However, all I do is feed and feed some more. I have been letting them go a little longer in between feedings the past day though. I figure if they are getting 8 or more feeding in and want to sleep a little longer why not. Eric has went back to work this week and he misses the girls so much. He calls the house at least 3 or 4 times a day to check on them. It is so cute! My Mom and his mom have been staying at the house with me during the day and night this week as well which has been a great help. That means I actually get about 3 hours or so of sleep and even get to take a few naps during the day!! I was super excited because today I got to shave my legs...I think Eric was beginning to wonder if he had married a man they were so hairy. That is the first time I have been able to shave my own legs in about 4 months or so and it felt liberating. The last couple of months of pregnancy Eric actually had to shave my legs for me. What can I say I think I have the best husband in the world!! Oh one funny story...the girls seem to have some really good force behind their poops. Almost everytime they poop you will hear or feel it on your hand as it exits their little bodies at the speed of light. So, Eric was asking me while changing Isabella the other night if they pooped without their diaper on if it would shoot out. Well on cue Isabella let out a loud little toot and out came flying poop. Eric screamed like a school girl and jumped to the side so he did not get any on himself but it did go all in the floor and on the dresser. I was laughing so hard I about peed my pants! It was perfect...these girls are going to drive their daddy crazy for the next 18 years or so and I cannot wait!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwww.. That whole blog brings back so many memories!

I even have one twin named Isabella! And yes, their poop is insaaane!

I'm proud of you guys! Keep up the nursing, it is soo time consuming but unbelievably worth it! I nursed my twins without supplementing formula for a full year, and they are strong healthy little girls!!

Lindsay & Kory said...

Congrats on your girls - I can't imagine doing twice the work. The poop story is funny. Fortunately we haven't had a loose poop, but with a little boy we have had plenty of Old Faithful like pees during diaper changes and bath time. Enjoy your girls!