My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Almost Time

Well, this is my first entry into "The Adventures of the Labbe Girls". I am currently about 35 weeks pregnant and on bed rest. I just got back from the doctor today. I have not dilated at all but last night was filled with contractions. Eric and I both thought we were going to have to high tail it to the hospital last night! Both of the babies are about 5 pounds now which is awesome but my hope is we can go about 2 more weeks so that the babies will be more like 6 or 7 pounds. Eric and I are very excited and I feel like we are as ready as we can be. Of course I am still racing to finish reading all of my baby books so that I can be the best mom ever and Eric is researching video cameras so that he can take some good footage at the hospital. Also Eric and I made a cast of my belly last night. It was pretty interesting because I had to sit still for a very long time while he placed wet plaster strips across my stomach. The end result is pretty cool though and I hope that the girls will appreciate all that my body has been through for them. Well, I am going to head off to the bed and make myself lay down for a while.

5 comments:

The Callahan Family said...

Yay!!! We are so exited about the girls! We can't wait to make a trip up there to meet them! We love you all!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess, I am glad you finally did the baby mold, I want to see how it turned out. I can't wait until my god children are here. Let me know if you guys need anything. Love you and Happy Birthday!!!!!

-McCord

Gram Labbe Kalencik said...

I'm very excited and remain as patient as a first grandmother could be...Love You All
Mom Labbe Kalencik

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Jessica! Glad to hear that you are doing well. I wish that I had done a belly cast. That is probably the one thing that I regret not doing during my pregnancy! Oh well. Looking forward to updates and pictures of the girls! Angela

canIjustpayu2dothis said...

I hope you have a wonderful, numb from the waist down...for a lil while "Labor Day!"