My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Doctor Visit and Hospital Again!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Moly! I think God is really testing my patients at this point. I went to the doctor yesterday about 1:20. I had gained a good bit of weight in a week....DUH, my legs and feet look like they could explode any minute! Also the doctor measured my uterus and it is measuring like someone who is 48 weeks pregnant. Then she proceeded to tell me I had the biggest belly she had seen in quite a while even with triplets. They really know how to make you feel sexy!! Among other things my blood pressure was a little high and they also said I had high levels of protein in my urine. So, they decided that I needed to go ahead and go to the hospital. The Midwife said she did not think they would send me home, but would keep me and probably go ahead and move up my induction date. Even though I really did not want to be induced I was so excited I could not contain myself. Off we go, me and Mom to the hospital. Meanwhile Eric left work and drove to Bremen to get the car and all of our stuff as well as take a shower and make sure his hair was perfect for the arrival of his little girls! You have to love marrying such a metrosexual man, he is such a hottie!! Well, after about 3 hours in triage, being hooked up to monitors and having my blood pressure taken ever 15 minutes while laying in the most uncomfortable position....oh did I mention Dr. Brenda Pruitt reading the monitors the whole time and giving me her expert opinion on what was going on. The nurse came in and said I have some great news, "You get to go home!" I could have slapped her so hard her hair would fall out. I was seriously so mad I wanted to tie myself to the bed. I said that is not good news, it just means one more day of being totally uncomfortable and not being able to sleep. Eric was also disappointed once again. I have decided I will not believe anything the doctors say again, these girls are clearly coming whenever they feel ready regardless of what any of us say. Sounds like they got some of their parents' stubborn genes. Just as a side note too, Eric and I have taken the advice of all of you experienced mothers and I assure you we have tried EVERYTHING to get this labor going and I am telling you nothing is working. I just might go jump on a trampoline tomorrow or something. Keep praying, hopefully we will have some babies before election day!

1 comment:

Brookie said...

awe,,, bless your hearts! all 4 of them