My Sweet Babies

My Sweet Babies

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Will they ever come....

I have quite a bit of news to add. Eric and I ended up going to the hospital on Friday morning about 5:30AM. I had been having contractions for about 2.5 hours that were regular and uncomfortable. I also had a lot of back pain. I was convinced this was it. So, I took my time fixed my hair, put on make up put everything by the door and then woke Eric up. By the time I got him up I was feeling pretty bad and of course he had to take a shower and fix his most perfect hair before we left. When he was finally ready I was very uncomfortable. However, he looked really sexy for 5:30 in the morning. Well, we got to the hospital and it was very rainy and cold it took us right at an hour because Eric was driving very carefully because of all the rain and traffic. They hooked me up to a monitor and the doctor came in to check me right away. He had some disappointing news that I was still only about 1.5 cm dilated but they would leave me hooked up to the monitors and see if anything changed. In the mean time I seemed to totally relax and the contractions basically stopped. A lady came in to do a position check of the babies and they are both still very far head down and look just perfect. There was a shift change and the new doctor came in to check me again. She also said not much had changed and there was really no reason to keep me!! She still seemed to think that I would go any day maybe even later that night. So, Eric and I left the hospital very disappointed!!

The rest of the weekend has been very interesting. I have felt like complete and totally road kill. I am having contractions that are uncomfortable but never painful and usually not consistent at all. The babies are moving around like they are having a fiesta inside my stomach and my back feels like it is about to snap in half. Basically my whole weekend as consisted of begging God to let my water break or real labor to begin, sitting in a chair with a heating pad, taking tylenol every 4-5 hours to relieve my back pain, watching football, and living in my brother and sister-in-law's spa tub (literally, I stay in for about 2-3 hours)! I just got off the phone with the doctor again this morning about my back pain and she suggested that I try to hold out on coming to the hospital unless something changes and wait for my next doctors appointment on Tuesday. She said they might move my induction date up at that point.

So, I am asking everyone to take a moment and pray that it be God's will that I have these babies before then. I really do not want to be induced and I am hoping I can go on my own and preferably before Tuesday! Again thanks to all of you for your continued support and prayers we have been truly blessed to be so lucky this far (which I have to keep reminding myself of), but I want to curse Eve daily for taking that fruit from the snake!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With my second child, who was delivered 2 weeks after her due date, they induced me. Make sure you ask for the little pill (?) they put on your cervix - I think -it put me in labor in 15 minutes. I had been on the pitocin (sp?) drip for approx. 10 hours with nothing happening but a lot of pain for me!!

I am so amazed at what you are going through!!!

Cadian Harrod